thanks for the memories

Sunday, January 31, 2021

As January slowly fades away...

Outside my window...the sun is shining and the temperature is already near 60. The kids are riding their bikes all over the driveway while Jason and Kim plan the gardens. I truly enjoy the sprinkling of spring like days among the more wintry type fare.

What I am hearing...dogs barking, chainsaws running, and kids laughing and calling to each other.

What I am wearing...blue denim skirt, t-shirt, and a red buffalo check shirt over all. The windows are open and the furnace is turned off of the day.

What I am thinking...that peace and family are very good things. I don’t mean peace as in there is no conflict. Rather peace meaning that all present know their places and live out their state in life as they should.

What I am learning...just as with weaving, sewing, knitting, or crocheting, attention needs to be paid to the placement of each thread and that a certain amount of tension is good for the over all result.

What I am hoping...that since treatment has begun the healing of infection will progress in my mouth. My sons, daughter, and daughter-in-law are taking such good care of me. Special soups, and gentle teasing concerning my inability to chew are being lavished on me by all.

What I am working on...Gradually and enthusiastically getting back into my craft. I made a “boy bag” for Nate last week so he can carry the treasures of nature that he gathers on our hikes. It turned out pretty well. I’m planning another couple bags for some more grands with birthdays coming up.

Here are some picture thoughts that I am sharing with you...

Yesterday we went hiking as per Kaycie’s birthday request. The ice hanging from this log was something that I found fascinating.
The kids especially enjoyed spending a carefree day with their daddy.

This little man is one of the best outdoors kids I have ever seen. Most of the day in the carrier without a bit of complaint.
Nothing better than a vine hanging out there to make all the kids want to swing on it. Jason finally pulled it down from the tree.  Uncle cut it up and Mate coiled it up to take home and decorate.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Delightful entry.

Please post a pic of your boy bag, I would love to do something like that for my two little boy tots. We plan on lots of nature walks here. I made them one little drawstring bag with some goodies for Christmas but I would love to see what you made up.

Bless you Ann.