thanks for the memories

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

God will indeed provide...

 Recently this is a phrase that I repeat over and over to myself. Unlike Anne Shirley not only in these times that try my soul but every waking minute of the day.

The need to remember this fact ebbs and flows as life does. Recently it is more flow than ebb in my life. It’s not that I don’t believe and trust that it is so. A look back into the past both recent and distant is enough proof to remind me of the truth of it. Rather it is a look into my black heart and marred soul that makes me wonder if it applies to me as well as it does to everyone else. Perhaps a dollop of pride is also mixed in with the inward glances that I think I indulge in too frequently. But, again to quote Anne Shirley, it is so easy to be wicked without meaning to be. It’s just that knowing and doing are two different things. 

What am I rambling on about exactly? How to properly respond to current happenings in my life. Today I went to see a dentist for a broken tooth. After mega X-rays, poking, and proddings the whole visit could be summed up in the dentists opening phrase, “Have you had some stress in your life recently?” I apparently have a mouth full of infection along with several infected teeth. It seems that this kind of infection is often precipitated by stress. After consulting with the dentist who rebuilt a tooth for me in October the infection that is there has manifested itself in the last few months since it wasn’t there before. All of this needs to be treated and cleared up before the broken tooth can be addressed.  What have I gotten myself into here?

Finally I don’t know what is scaring me more the fact of the work that has to be done and it’s accompanying pain or the cost when all is said and done.  I only have the cost for the treatment of the infection and that is sizable. I don’t even want to wrap my not inconsiderable imagination around the cost of a root canal and a crown. 

Oh well, now that I have that off my chest remember God will, and does provide. Maybe His provision will be all my teeth falling out!!!!! 

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh dear, poor Ann. Our youngest daughter is having a bad tooth to deal with too, she's had lot's of issues with her teeth very similar to what you are describing and has lost some teeth. Thank God she finally found a dentist who is trying to save a tooth that most would pull and he is also a naturopath trying to figure out where the stress is and deficiencies causing these problems, he did a hair analysis and that is huge in helping. You may want to see if you can find more of a naturopath type of dentist, some are definitely more reasonable than others and of a Christian background as well. I'm appalled on the price gouging of some of these people. Feel free to email me Ann.

I'll certainly be praying for you. This must be even more stressful going through this like a vicious cycle.

Unknown said...

Love you, love you, love you, dear friend. Your smile is something that will always connect you with those you love. It is worth all of what you are going through to preserve that.