thanks for the memories

Saturday, October 8, 2011

A hole, a dog and a beautiful sunny day.

We have a hole in our back yard.  We have always had a hole in our back yard.  We also have boys and dogs.  They go together don't you know.  When there are no longer boys and dogs in this house there will no longer be a hole in the back yard.

What is the hole for all you ladies may ask.  I'll tell you, I don't know it just makes them happy to have a hole. Years ago I used to fill it in and they would dig it out.  We played that game several times until my husband convinced me that a hole was a necessary ingredient to the raising of boys and dogs. So I gave up and just let it be.

Must be true. There is Layn his first summer out here on his own and he gravitates to that hole like iron to a magnet, same as he does when it has rained and there are mud puddles out there. (but that is another post)

Today I am thanking God that there is a hole in my back yard.  Here I sit at the picnic table working on an essay for school and Layn and Archie have been happily occupied in that hole for a good 15 minutes. (that has to be a record!)

No comments: