thanks for the memories

Thursday, October 13, 2011

My latest endeavors.

I only recently learned how to knit and I am far from accomplished at that.  I have been crochetting for a long time but only recently have been able to read a pattern.  I remember my mother and grandmother teaching me how to crochet.  Since I am left-handed they had me stand facing them to learn.  Little do they know that I crochet right-handed the way that they did. Oh well, who's to blame? 
This little poncho is a pattern I found in a book in WalMart of all places.  I made it in an afternoon (when I should have been researching for my final paper!).  All that is left to do is make the little flowers that go on the bottom.  This was so easy and comes in four sizes.  I am thinking of making it for sale in my shop.

This little sweater is one I found online.  This was a little more difficult to figure out but I managed.  I tried it on Layn to see how it looked and he has become quite attached to it.  I am really glad that I made it in blue.  I'd hate see Ian's reaction if he had become attached to the pink one that I am working on now.  It is nice to have something to occupy my hands in the evening.  I used to spend the time smocking or quilting but my patience and eyesight won't let me do that now so I am glad that I still remember how to crochet.  Now I need to finish the nursing shawl that I started last fall.

No comments: