thanks for the memories

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Yes! I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner.

     I am thankful that I can cook.  I am thankful that God has once again, in his wisdom and mercy seen fit to provide this family with, in the immortal words of Charles Dickens, "Meat and drink and a bit of warmth this holiday season." 
     I am immensely thankful that there will be many members of my family physically around the table and the missing few will be there in spirit. 
     I thank God daily for the guiding wisdom that he gives to my husband and the prayerful and godly children that we have raised. 
     My prayer for the coming year is one of continued awareness of the blessings that surround me and that I respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and the grace that God is giving to be a blessing to those that I serve.

No comments: