thanks for the memories

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Buzzlightyear and turning 50

 Well, yesterday I turned 50 and somehow I fail to see what the big deal is all about. I don't feel any different than when I was 49.  The fact that I cannot remember what 20 felt like is either a good thing or just another symptom of advancing age. Choose your pick.
Monday a friend that I have known since elementary school brought over this cake for my birthday.  Those who know me well know that I haven't done a whole lot of growing up since elementary school so the cake is totally appropriate.  Besides Buzz is one of my favorites.  This was an act of love pure and simple, thank you Renee.
My birthday itself started out as a terrible day, go figure.  Having a birthday in January and having been born on a day when there was a raging snow storm so bad that your dad couldn't be there for your birth should tell you something about any future birthdays. After taking MK to the neurologist, driving all over New Hartford shopping, dropping her and Layn at home only to have to go to Oneida to get scripts filled and HORRORS have to go to the DMV! I did get to spend a peaceful hour with Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.  When I got home I was greeted with flowers from my son and soon to be daughter-in-law and my favorite kinds of liquor. MK made me a beautiful scarf and got me the Scrabble Dictionary and a musical card.
Best of all I got to share my cake with my best grandson. I would say that it was a super birthday for any age.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

AW! Happy belated birthday!! I'm right behind you in making that life mark ~ and I'm with you: it aint such a bad thing! Beats the alternative, huh? And what I've lost physically, I hope I've gained in experience... Many, many blessings on this milestone for you!

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday Ann! I know how you feel, not that much difference really. Just turned 51 myself. I'm just happy to be here so to speak! Live, laugh, love and pray hard like always! : D

(((hugs))) ~Amelia (That cake is great!)