thanks for the memories

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 27 February 2012

 Outside my window...the snow that fell over the weekend is now dirty and drab looking.  Though I don't particularly like snow it was so pretty when the world was all covered with it's white coat.  Maybe it is because this has been such a brown winter.
I am thinking....about all of the writing that I have to do this week.  Not thinking, oh boy do I have a lot to write but rather where do I start first.  Maybe I am getting my groove back finally.
I am thankful for....a husband who loves us and shows all of us how to love each other.
From the kitchen....that is a very good question. I don't know but I'll be sure to give it some thought and get back to you all on that.
I am wearing...brown skirt, rust colored top with a green vest.
I am creating....words strung together that, I hope, have meaning.
I am going...to the dentist today (ugggg!!!!!!) Don't get me wrong I like my dentist as a person, he is very nice. I just don't admire his choice of profession.
I am reading....The Shootist by Glendon Swarthout
I am hoping...to get my schoolwork done a little early this week.  MK and I have tickets to see some Irish dancers and I don't want to be feeling guilty about going to the show.
I am hearing....the laundry machines humming away, MK running her sewing machine in the kitchen, and the fan on the furnace making sure that we are nice and cozy.
Around the house.....all the cleaning up has been done and Layn is down for a nap.  It has a nice Monday morning feel to the day.
One of my favorite things....the day MK and I spent together yesterday sewing and teaching a couple of her friends how to do the same.
A few plans for the rest of the week... survive this trip to the dentist and the trip to the GI guy tomorrow.  Get a lot of schoolwork done so that MK and I can relax and enjoy The Rhythm of the Dance on Wednesday.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
They are learning to play together. Maybe Layn will even learn to be a gentleman.


No comments: