thanks for the memories

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 19 March 2012

Outside my window....the sun is coming out and the temperatures are already in the 50's.  We are having quite spring like weather for the middle of March.  I don't know if I should be apprehensive or just take what is given and be thankful.
I am thinking...about my family.  Specifically about submitting to the unpleasant for the good of my family.
I am thankful for...my uncomplaining husband.
From the kitchen....I don't even want to think about it.  After a day spent on clear liquids yesterday and fasting today in order to be ready for a colonoscopy the thought of food actually makes me ill.
I am wearing....tan capris and a blue tee shirt.
I am creating...a bubble of peace and harmony around myself and my family.
I am going....to OHC to have this test then home to rest and recover.  Maybe later this afternoon I will get the floors scrubbed and some schoolwork done.
I am reading....folk and fairy tales in order to do a camparative analysis.
I am hoping.... that the doctor finds nothing but normalcy inside my nethermost regions.
I am hearing...birds chirping, the laundry equipment performing their Monday morning duties, and Matthew running his sewing machine.
Around the house....everything is blessedly normal.
One of my favorite things...the return of the peepers Saturday night.  I could have stood out there all night just listening to their voices as they called back and forth to each other.
A few plans for the rest of the week....school, family, two holy hours, a trip to town to the fabric store, and a lot of blessed normalcy.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Matthew and Brett spent the weekend in the Adirondacks camping this weekend.  This is their reproduction of the famous Lewis and Clark explorer pose.  We are glad that they had a good time and even happier that they are home.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

thinking of and praying for you today...normalcy truly is a blessing. Your peace is a wonderful testimony.