thanks for the memories

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 5 March 2012

Outside my window...there are several inches of snow on the ground, again, with more coming down.  This has been a very strange winter.  One week we will have temps in the 50' and the next we will have snow and ice and temps in the 20's and 30's
I am thinking....what could possibly be in the mind of a nearly two-year-old boy.  He is currently in the process of moving all his toys from the kitchen into the sewing room.  We have finally gotten him to understand (I think) that if he has toys poured out in one room he must pick them up before he goes to play in another room.  Wonder what thought process is going on in that little head of his.
I am thankful for....the good time that I had yesterday teaching a some nice people how to sew. 
From the kitchen....only time will tell.  Melissa is in charge today since it is her day off and I will be out of commission.
I am wearing....jeans and a tee shirt.
I am creating....umpteen pages of brilliantly written manuscript for my creative writing class. Let us hope that the professor agrees with my assessment.
I am going...to the hospital today for some outpatient procedures.  It is time to succomb and find out what is wrong with this body of mine.
I am reading....The Shootist by Glendon Swarthout
I am hoping....that the GI doctor finds the issue and says that the fix doesn't require any surgical or invasive intervention.
I am hearing....Layn talking to himself as he drives his engines all over the sewing room floor.  A wonder if little boys are born knowing how to make truck sounds.
Around the house....it is home and that is the way I like it.
One of my favorite things....being able to sit here working while Layn does his own brand of work.
A few plans for the rest of the week....drop off the estimate for the damages to the car so the insurance company can approve the repairs.  Work on school dilligently like the good girl that I am, and hopefully be ready to give more sewing lessons on Sunday.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....

Matthew, MK and I spent Sunday afternoon helping teach sewing to the moderators of the girls group at our church.  I love this picture of the contrast between Matthew's 1960's vintage sewing machine set up next to MK's modern machine.  I always say to the kids it's not the machine but the talent of the person sitting at the machine. 

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Praying for you, praying for a praise report. It's so good the way you seem so calm.