thanks for the memories

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 16 April 2012

Outside my window...the sky is overcast and the wind is blowing.  The weather man is calling for severe weather later this afternoon.  Temperatures are supposed to get up into the 80's.  Looks like we might be in store for a taste of what the mid-west has been subject to for the past few days.  Well I guess we should just batten down the hatches, hunker down, and ride it out.
I have been thinking...about these pesky illnesses that seem to run rampant through families.  We have never had a lot of trouble with that kind of stuff when the kids were little.  Now though it seems like every stray bug that comes along makes its way to our door.  MK started in after Easter with cold and flu symptoms.  Now Melissa is sick and this morning I think Layn is falling subject to the same bug.  Time to break out the defenses.
I am thankful...for a husband who has such a deep and abiding faith.  In the coming months his faith and strength is being tested and I pray that it stays firm against the onslaught of the devil and family ties that wish to rip it apart.
From the kitchen....there is a hearty and nourishing soup on the menu for those who have fallen prey to the bug that is in this house and for those who have been exposed.
I am wearing....my night clothes.
I am creating...a brilliantly crafted research paper on the evolution of the three little pigs (after my computer gets repaired that is)
I am going....to visit my favorite geeks today to see what they can do for old reliable. 
I am reading....The Confessions of St. Augustine
I am hoping...that the repair on my computer is easy, inexpensive, and can be done while I wait.  (is that too much to ask?)
I am hearing....Layn playing with his motorized Thomas the Tank Engine.  Everytime Thomas runs into a wall or a chair he howls with laughter.
Around the house...everything is as it should be.  Melissa is resting, Alex is reading a book (yes you read that right!), MK is doing kp duty, Matthew is taking his father to work and Ian has been at work for several hours all ready.
One of my favorite things...in spite of the allergies involved, inclement weather, and mud I love to watch the maturing of the seasons.  The apple and pear trees are coming into bloom along with the dogwood across the creek.  The leaves on the maples and boxelders are just beginning to unfold and the air is pungeant with what I like to call the smell of green.
A few plans for the rest of the week....continue research and writing for my paper, keep up with my usual responsibilities around here, and try to finish a couple of sewing projects that I have started.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Yesterday was Layn's birthday.  MK gave him a set of wooden puzzles.  The amount of concentration that he displayed while putting them together was fascinating to watch.  He really liked that gift.

No comments: