thanks for the memories

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 23 April 2012

Outside my window....the weather has taken a decided turn for the gloomy.  Rain is falling and the world has a sad and despondant air as if it has been reading the headlines in the local paper and the sadness of it all has finally gotten to be too much.
I am thinking...about the difference between contentment and satisfaction.  There is a world of difference between the two.  One contains a world of virtue and the other does not I fear.
I am thankful for...a husband who is willing to stand up for his beliefs.
From the kitchen...leftover Mexican lasagna.
I am wearing...a pink nightgown.
I am creating....a path that is hopefully leading me to my ultimate salvation, please God.
I am going....to sit here today and finish up my school semester.
I am reading....The Snakebite Letters by Peter Kreeft
I am hoping...for answers to prayer.
I am hearing....the sounds of rain on the steel roof, the fan on the furnace making sure that we are all warm and cozy on this damp day, Layn chattering to himself while he plays with his toys, and Melissa, Alex and Matthew having a conversation in the other room.  Oh, did I mention that Isabella is snoring beside me.
Around the house...all is as it should be.
One of my favorite things....family together, the warmth of the house this morning when it is raining outside, the familiarity of the dog turning around before she lays down, the sounds the house makes all around me.  These are all some of my favorite things.
A few plans for the rest of the week....finish my work for this semester and turn it all in and then resolve not to haunt the website for my grades, finish the little dress that is on the form in my sewing room, get in some serious reading for a change, and spend some quality time with my daughter who I miss like the dickens.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....
That is one jaw cracking yawn! Sometimes I feel the same way Isabella.

No comments: