thanks for the memories

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 14 May 2012

Outside my window...the sun is finally coming out.  It is warm and muggy out with a chance of showers sometime today.  I hope we get the laundry dry outside before the chance rolls our way. 
I am thinking...very profound thoughts.  Top secret even.  Not really but it sounds really good for me to say that.  Actually I am thinking about gardens that need weeding and whether I have enough benedryl in the house to undertake such a venture today or to wait until I have been to the pharmacy.
I am thankful for...the family that I have. 
From the kitchen...there is a big question mark hanging over that room.  There are some leftovers but the question is are there enough.  Time will tell.
I am wearing....tan capris and a green tee shirt.  Lawn mowing clothes.  I may not be able to get to the weeding but I really need to finish the lawns before there is any more rain.
I am creating....great things.
I am going...nowhere.  I am letting Matthew take the car to work today since I really have no need of it.  Home is where I am and where I wish to stay.
I am reading...Plato's Republic
I am hoping....to get all the mowing and trimming done today before the rain comes and makes the grass grow again.
I am hearing...the washer doing it's job, Layn protesting some unfair decision, Matthew's music playing while he mops the floors, Melissa and MK making plans for the rest of the week. I love the normal sounds of life in this house!
Around the house...it smells of pine sol and laundry soap.  Matthew is mopping all the downstairs floors and the laundry machines are cranking out clean clothes as fast as ever they can.  The windows are open to the cool breeze and the sunshine and all is right with this little corner of the world.
One of my favorite things...the scenes of noise and chaos that play out here when we are all together and everyone is talking.  Family is a wonderful and powerful thing.
A few plans for the rest of the week....I have some orders to ship, a pile of things cut out that have to be sewn together, gardens to weed and family to care for. Thursday is a holy day of obligation which I have to remember to observe along with a class to teach.  A normal busy week in this neighborhood.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Friday Matthew and Brett made their own version of balistic jell.  They used some of it to make fake "wounds" for a first aid class on Sunday.  Yesterday afternoon Matthew fired the .22 into the last tube of it.  Here he is cutting the slugs out of the jell.  It was stinky but kind of cool

No comments: