thanks for the memories

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 28 May 2012

Outside my window...it is sunny, warm and muggy.  The temps are supposed to soar into the 90's today and that is fine with me.  It is perfect weather for drying laundry, going to a parade, and cooking out.
I am thinking...about the reasons and purpose for all of this "day-offness" and the parades and celebrations.
I am thankful for...my father, brothers, and sons and all of the others who have served and are the reason that this day is the day off that it is.
From the kitchen...we will commemorate the day with the traditional picnic fare.
I am wearing...shorts and a teeshirt
I am creating...home, the most blessed place on earth
I am going...to the parade in town and then home to stay for the rest of the day.
I am reading...not a thing right now.
I am hearing....our own brand of Memorial Day music playing on the CD player.  The 82nd Airborne Division All-Army Chorus singing patriotic tunes.
Around the house...all is quiet since everyone is outside doing their chores before we leave for the parade.
One of my favorite things...bagpipes, marching bands, fire engines and little kids with sticky faces.
A few plans for the rest of the week....finish tying up the hops and the grapes, get the rest of the gardens squared away, finish a couple of outstanding sewing projects as well as the usual mother stuff.
HEre is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

Layn really enjoyed the parade on Friday night.  I think the bagpipes were his favorites.

I don't know how they know it but the memorial day peonies are blooming this morning for all they are worth.  Yesterday their buds were closed up tighter than they could be.  What a beautiful display in front of the house.

No comments: