thanks for the memories

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 7 April 2012

Outside my window...the sun is shining and it looks like today will shape up to be another beautiful spring day.  The forecast is for temperatures in the 70's with lots of sun.  A good day to hang all the laundry on the lines since the dryer is still broken.  Too bad the dishes couldn't be taken care of in the same way.
I am thinking...that though today is supposed to be a beautiful day, one that should by rights, be enjoyed outside, I will have to discipline myself and stay inside finishing projects and cleaning the house that was sorely neglected over the weekend.
I am thankful...however for the ability to do all that I need to do and for the weekend that I just enjoyed that left my home so much in disarray.
From the kitchen....some cooking must go on as well as the cleaning.  There are not enough leftovers for me to fall back on since cooking was something that was also neglected yesterday.
I am wearing...sweats and a tee shirt.
I am creating...magnificent creations of beauty to be worn by young children.
I am going...to be staying home as much as possible all week.  Lots of sewing, yard work, reading, writing, and general staying at home to be accomplished this week.
I am reading...David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.  I am in a mood to revisit some childhood favorites.
I am hoping...to get some pictures took and those pictures loaded on my Etsy page this week.
I am hearing...Layn and Melissa upstairs doing morning chores, Matthew in the other room doing his usual morning things, and the washer valiantly working on its first load of the day.
Around the house....you really don't want to know.  My sewing room looks like a cross between a disaster area and a storage space.  The kitchen looks like a bomb went off.  The living room looks like there was a sleep over last night and I don't even want to describe the bathrooms.
One of my favorite things....listening to stories with Layn.
A few plans for the rest of the week...get all of the lawns mowed and trimmed before the next time it rains, try to get all the sewing projects in the basket done and posted on my Etsy page, and do a little job searching online.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Planting corn is serious business so Layn has taken it upon himself to be the foreman of the whole job.

No comments: