thanks for the memories

Thursday, June 7, 2012

She's at it again!

A couple of years ago  I had MK paint the shed and spruce it up a bit.  Jason had kindly fixed the roof for me so that the things inside didn't get all wet when it rained.  During her painting exodus MK decided that the side of the shed just needed that something extra and asked if she might paint a picture on the side.
Silly me, I was picturing a Rembrandt quality landscape. Or maybe a reproduction of the Mona Lisa.  What I got was Wilson from the movie Cast Away.


This week MK decided that the side of the garage was too white and blank and need some sort of embellishment. I gave her permission to paint on it with no expectations whatsoever. You never know what Mary-Kate's imagination is going to come up with. It is always better to just wait and see.

I was grateful that it was an American flag that she decide on rather than, say a portrait of her brothers.


I don't know what blank surface will catch her eye next but perhaps I will get my Mona Lisa or landscape.

No comments: