thanks for the memories

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 11 June 2012

Outside my window....for today I should change that since I am sitting outside in Layn's play yard.  The temperature is 81, the sun is shining and there is a light breeze blowing.  The weatherman says that the high today is supposed to be 90 with a chance of thunderstorms later in the afternoon and evening.  I guess we will take that since there is really nothing that we can do about it.  In the mean time I will spend the day sitting here working on my studies  and enjoying my grandson.
I am thinking...about the nearly perfect day that we had yesterday.  What a blessing that we have such a holy priest, good Catholic friends to celebrate with, and a beautiful place to celebrate in.
I am thankful for....all of the many countless and undeserved blessings that God heaps upon each one of us every day.
From the kitchen...there is plenty of leftovers from yesterday's feast to serve for today.
I am wearing....a black and white print cotton skirt and a white cotton tee shirt.  Today is a day to dress as cooly and comfortably as possible.
I am creating....a place of peace and tranquility.
I am going....nowhere! My husband mistakenly took my car keys with him to work. That's ok it is really too warm to go into town today.
I am reading...Living to Tell the Tale by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It is a novel that is required for one of my courses.
I am hoping....to get a little downtime later so that I can read a couple of chapters in my novel. I have to stay on top of my reading schedule.
I am hearing....the sounds of birds calling to each other in the trees, the screech of the pulleys as Melissa hangs laundry on the line, the rumbling of the tractor as the neighbor plows the 10 acres behind Ian's corn so he can put in soybeans later this week.  Layered over all these sounds is the smell of the roses on the bush that Ian and Melissa gave me for Mother's day.  Forever after this June will be punctuated by the smell of the roses that bloom on that bush.
Around the house.   all is neat, clean, and cool.  The inside work was done early so that we could leave it cool in there for later when it gets too oppressive out here.
One of my favorite things...sitting with one of my grand babies on my lap and soaking in their baby scent and softness.
A few plans for the rest of the week...school, cooking, cleaning, laundry, family and all that jazz.  I plan of revelling in the pleasures, trials, and joys of being a wife, mother, and grandmother.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Father Castronovo under the canopy carrying the Blessed Sacrament as we parade through the streets of Verona.  Yesterday was the Feast of Corpus Christi and this is how our parish bore witness to the Real Presence in the Eucharist.

No comments: