thanks for the memories

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 30 July 2012

Outside my window....the sun is shining, the birds are singing and all is right with the world.  The heat wave that we have been experiencing seems to have passed and the weather for the past couple of days has been decidedly more seasonable.  Warm dry days and cool nights.  The corn is finally looking like it is more alive, the gardens are not so dry and the lawns may even need to be mowed in a couple of days. (ok that last part is not so good but I am not telling God to take the rain back.)
I am thinking...happy and optimistic thoughts.  Everyone who should be home is here or near safe and sound.  There is a profound sense of well being in knowing that.
I am thankful for...Matthew's safe return from New Hampshire this morning.  I am happy that he had a good visit and that he seems happy and satisfied with himself.  His being happy makes me happy.
From the kitchen...who knows.  Matthew is digging potatoes and there is ham left from last night that suggests scalloped potatoes and ham.  There might even be some carrot-zucchini cake left for dessert.
I am wearing....jammies still.  This has been a slow morning.  I still haven't finished my first cup of coffee.  Mk just left to take her test for graduation and a certain silence has settled over the house.  Looks like it is time for some tunes!
I am creating...emptiness!!!!! My basket that usually holds my unfinished work is nearly empty.  Of course the basket that has hand-sewing in it and mending is rapidly filling but I know it only takes an evening to empty that.  I have to start two quilts this week so I am eager to get both baskets emptied.
I am going...to stay home today.  Tomorrow I have a holy hour and Wednesday I want to go to Mass.  Thursday is home and Friday is holy hour and first Friday devotions.  That's my week in a nutshell. 
I am reading...still working on World War Z and I started Jane Eyre.
I am hoping...to get my midterm project out of the way today.
I am hearing...Randy Travis singing about how he told me so.  Layn is playing with his trains and making all of the appropriate noises.  There is nothing so homey and comforting as the sound of a little boy pretending with his trains.
Around the house....all is as it should be.  MK has us cleaned and organized and not a thing is out of place....too much.
One of my favorite things...spending the whole day doing things for my family.
A few plans for the rest of the week....finish school, sew, bake, sew some more, and then wake up tomorrow and do some more.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Adam called to say he is back in Washington.  I miss him being around here.  Of course if I had my way they would all never leave.  Enjoy your adventure, Adam.  That's what being young is for.

No comments: