thanks for the memories

Friday, August 10, 2012

Before and after

I have a couple of kneelers that really need to be recovered.  For those of you who have done this before you are probably thinking, "What's the big deal it is a piece of cake."  Well, I have never done such a thing and since the fabric is a bit pricey I don't want to fail
This is the before shot.  Not only was the fabric full of dust but it is itchy and smelly.  I also don't like the way the cushion on the top comes to a point.

So I had MK take it all apart.  I measured and bought the fabric and made a template from the old.  Then I got rid of the old foam that was so stinky and got new foam.  I trimmed the peak on the top foam so that it was flat across and then put them all back together.  Now all I need is for MK to find the hardware so that both cushions can be reattached.  Looks pretty professional and there was no wasted fabric.  Not bad for a mere $18.00/yd.

1 comment:

Peggy Wolf said...

A job beautifully done.