thanks for the memories

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 1 October 2012

Outside my window...it is truly a fall day! The clouds are lowering, the wind is blowing and it is threatening rain again.  Today is a good day for doing one of two things; either curling up with a good book and a hot cuppa' or cleaning the house in order to keep the blood up and the body warm.  I plan on getting to both of those things today.
I am thinking...about motherhood a lot lately.  Thinking about the difference in my heart between being a mother and being a grandmother.
I am thankful for...a loving husband and a good massager!  The old hips were giving me trouble because of this damp weather but heat and massage took care of that!
From the kitchen...something warm, nourishing and filling I think.  Potato soup!!!
I am wearing...long, warm, pink flannel nightgown.
I am creating...comfort and peace.
I am going...to make a holy hour at 11 and to do some shopping later in the afternoon.
I am reading...C S Lewis' A Mind Awake
I am hoping...to get the house clean before I have to leave for holy hour.
I am hearing...Layn talking about his tractor, Melissa answering him, Doug out in the washroom dressing for work, and the bluejays calling outside my window.  
Around the house...this place looks lived in!
One of my favorite things...the smell of fallen maple leaves.
A few plans for the rest of the week...I have two quilts that need to be finished and delivered.  There is a pile of mending that needs attention now that the ironing is done, and then there is always the usual laundry, cleaning, cooking and stuff.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Looking up into a tree that Matthew used to hang out in all the time. Today is his 21st birthday. I shall make a cake and we will celebrate this youngest son of ours.

1 comment:

Peggy Wolf said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could spend each and every birthday with our children no matter where they are or how old they are?