thanks for the memories

Monday, October 8, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 8 October 2012

Outside my window...the clouds are hanging low in the sky.  It rained hard yesterday evening and now everything is wet and slick with it.  The temperature is in the 40's and not likely to get much higher today.  
I am thinking...about home and family.  How sad and lonely it is for those who have no family or who are alienated from theirs.  They will be in my prayers today.
I am thankful for...the fact that we installed the stove.  It is shaping up to be a good book and a hot cup by the stove day.
From the kitchen...pork chops! with other stuff.
I am wearing...flannel pants and my favorite sweatshirt.
I am creating...memories.
I am going...to stay home today.  I cannot think of a single place that I need to go.  Of course that could all change but for now I will anticipate a whole day spent at home.
I am reading...nothing. I am between books right now but that will change real soon.
I am hoping...to clear the machine and get going on some a couple of gifts today.
I am hearing...someone in the kitchen rattling dishes, MK and Melissa chatting in the living room, and Isabella fussing about in her crate.
Around the house...everyone and everything is getting a slow start this morning.  I am sitting here enjoying these early morning sounds immensely.
One of my favorite things...a stack of crisp folded fabric in a rainbow of colors just waiting for me to turn it into something beautiful.
A few plans for the rest of the week...a quick trip to the fabric store one day this week along with my holy hours, the class that I teach on Thursday and that should be all the running that I have to do.  The rest of the week will be spent caring for my family and indulging in creative pursuits.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
The view of our farm from 1/4 mile up the road.  It's breathtaking.

No comments: