thanks for the memories

Monday, November 12, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 12 November 2012

Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly and it is shaping up to be another beautiful late fall day.  The weather man says that we are to have record breaking temps today and I say, "I'll take it!!!"

I am thinking...about spacial days that have been set aside as observances for things such as Veterans Day, which was yesterday.  But in order to satisfy the lazy American need to have a "day off" on someone else, it is observed today so that federal offices can be closed and kids can have a day off from school.  I feel that the vets, living and dead, would be better served if kids went to school and everyone else gave a days work for a days wages.

I am thankful for...a husband who loves me and not the girl I used to be, sons who love each other and get along so very well, a daughter who finds joy in serving others not in being served, and a home that is happy not a place to show off to others.

From the kitchen...there will be hearty beef stew for supper along with apple pie for dessert and homemade bread. 

I am wearing...warm and cozy flannel jammies.  The records highs haven't materialized yet.

I am creating...Christmas cheer.

I am going...to stay home all day and enjoy the pleasures that come from being here.

I am reading...Friends of God by Josemaria Escriva

I am hoping...to finish the other mitten for Layn today, among other projects that I have lined up for myself.

I am hearing...Layn calling to Ian as they go back outside to work, the birds at the feeders outside my window, and the fan on the furnace trying to steal the last bit of heat from last night's fire.

Around the house...there is an air of excitement and preparation.  Two holidays coming up and on the heals of those will be a wedding.

One of my favorite things...sitting with my family last night with all of us talking to Uncle Big Dude on the phone.

A few plans for the rest of the week...live the life that I have been blessed with.  Live it to the fullest!!!!

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Layn trying to lick up the last of the noodles that he was snacking on Saturday night.  He firmly believes in leaving no noodle behind.

No comments: