thanks for the memories

Monday, March 25, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 25 March 2013

 
Outside my window...it is cold and gloomy.  But that is highly appropriate considering what week it is. The weather seems to be aware that Our Lord will be suffering his passion and death this week.
 
I am thinking...about other Holy Weeks in other years.  If I have learned nothing else in all my years it is to savor every moment with my children and now grandchildren.
 
A am thankful for...the Catholic faith that infuses my life. 
 
From the kitchen...the bread machine is doing its job, there is a large hunk of meat in the crockpot for barbecue later on, and there is ground meat thawing to make shepherd's pie with.  Everything has to run like a well oiled machine this week.
 
I am wearing....long johns and a flannel nightshirt.
 
I am going...to spend the day immersed in the duties related to my state in life.  I would like this week to epitomize the Lenten sacrifice.
 
I am reading...The Complete G K Chesterton.
 
I am hoping...that Kim had a quiet night with a sick Savannah and an 8 week-old infant.
 
 I am hearing...Layn discussing his wardrobe with his Auntie Mate, Melissa in the kitchen doing up the breakfast dishees, and the washer cranking out its first load of clean laundry for the week.
 
Around the house...love, togetherness, and industry prevail.
 
One of my favorite things...hearing the sounds of Matthew video chatting with the various members of the family for most of the evening yesterday. 
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...contemplation on the Passion of Christ and the gift of his Resurrection.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Matthew took this shot of all of us chatting with him yesterday.  He was so pleased to see the little people and to visit with those he loves.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hi Ann, So good to come over for a visit...I just had to tell you about my Italian Grandma. Once when I was making stuffed artichokes with her, I noticed it was getting very dark and grey outside. I mentioned the change to Grandma, she quietly said almost in a whisper, it was because it was Good Friday. She said it was always like that on Good Friday because of Jesus suffering...That has always stood out to me and sure enough most years except for one Good Friday that I remember is grey here. I miss my Grandma Oddo sometimes too...

Good to be here, been thinking and praying for you and your great family. Love, Amelia