thanks for the memories

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 8 April 2013


Outside my window...it is truly spring here in CNY.  The lawns are beginning to green up and the trees seem pregnant with new leaves waiting to burst forth.  On our walk yesterday I could finally smell the sweetness of the sap in the trees and the plowed ground warming up.  Though we may still get some snow and chilly weather my body tells me that spring is finally on its way.

I am thinking...about the struggle that I have each year between indoors responsibility and the call of the outside world.

I am thankful for...my sons, Ryan and Adam, who can make me laugh all over from across this country of ours simply by being themselves.

From the kitchen...leftover spaghetti and meat "bulbs" is on the menu.

I am wearing...long johns (spring may be officially here but it is still cold at night) and an oversized sleep shirt.

I am going...nowhere.  The car has to go to the shop to find out why she hasn't any get up and go when it is time to get up and go (uphill).

I am reading....actually re-reading The Complete Gentleman

I am hoping...to complete my interviews today, polish up my paper comparing Judaism and Catholicism, then transmit it for grading.

I am hearing...the washer cranking out its first load for the day, Layn playing with his plastic farm animals, and the tinkle of Isabella's tags as she settles herself for a nap.

Around the house...everything is in a slight state of chaos.  We are at the season where our home will become a storage place and our real home will be the great outdoors.

One of my favorite things...watching the earth wake up and come alive for another season.

A few plans for the rest of the week..schoolwork, family work, living!

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

Layn helping papa pick up sticks from the lawn.  When his daddy or papa are out working that is where Layn can be found.

No comments: