thanks for the memories

Monday, June 10, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 10 June 2013


Outside my window...this isn't really appropriate for a heading since I sit on the porch this morning.  At this time of year the outside calls to me the way fresh grass calls to the cows.  The cocktail of odors that greets me whenever I step out the door is merely the appetizer in a banquet of sights, sounds and changing vistas that make up my day.  Currently the peonies, horseradish blossoms, and freshly turned earth make me lift my nose and drink in the breeze as it blows across the length of the porch.  Finches, cowbirds, and sparrows in the trees calling to have the feeders filled vie for attention with the wind chimes and Layn singing his morning song.  It would be so easy to simply spread my blanket and make myself comfy when the sun starts to set and resolve never to go inside again.

I am thinking...of memories that come without bidding and others that stubbornly refuse to resurface. 

I am thankful for...togetherness and time to make memories. Not only for myself but also for those who follow.

From the kitchen...skabetti and meatbulbs!  Thank you papa for all the meatballs you made yesterday.

I am wearing....sweats and a tee shirt.  PT this morning so I have to be able to get in and out of my bathing suit.

I am going...to PT this morning and then stay home for the rest of the day.  

I am reading....a new book about The Mass.

I am hearing...Layn and Mate chatting with each other as they go about doing chores.  The breeze has the wind chimes making a lot of music while the birds compete for top billing.  Off in the distance I hear a farmer either working ground or possibly spraying his corn.  It's that time of the year when the background music of my life is provided by John Deere, Case IH, and New Holland.

Around the house...except for the birthday banner still hanging in the dining room all evidence of Savannah's party have been picked up and cleared away.

One of my favorite things....the fact that you never know from day to day what you are going to see around here.  As I sit here a fertilizer truck and sprayer just pulled in across the road. I guess I know what the neighbors are going to be doing on the fields.

A few plans for the rest of the week...going to be a quiet one around here.  Melissa has to work every day so Layn, MK and I will try to stay home as much as we can.  We like it that way anyhow.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Last Tuesday was our 30th anniversary.  Our wonderful daughter packed a picnic dinner and we took off for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament then to our favorite park to have a quiet evening together.

2 comments:

Peggy Wolf said...

Ann, you are an amazing artist. What beautiful pictures you paint with words.

Amelia said...

I enjoyed this Ann, such a nice account of your day. Happy Anniversary! Our 33rd is coming up in a few days.

I too love the picture you painted with words. Soooo nice.

Loved the photo too! How wonderful, and what a sweet daughter y'all have.