thanks for the memories

Monday, July 29, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 29 July 2013


Outside my window...the sun is shining, birds are singing, and there is a light breeze blowing.  It looks like today is going to be one of those ideal summer days that this is part of the country is known for.

I am thinking...about moods.  The funky moods that others get into has made me want to contemplate my own moods and the effect that they have on others.

I am thankful for...a daughter who is kind, generous, and giving and the privilege of knowing her.

From the kitchen...I predict that there will be cooking going on today.  This cooling trend in the weather brings out the cook in me.

I am wearing...a denim skort and a magenta tee shirt.

I am creating...a basket full of completed projects.

I am going...to be staying right here all day.  There is a certain contentment in knowing that you have nowhere to go.  The feeling is one of having the privilege of staying home and not one of obligation.

I am reading...For Women Only

I am hoping...that I can get time today to hop on my bike and take a ride.

I am hearing...the washer doing its Monday morning job, MK's bird on the porch singing happily, and Layn out there talking to himself while he plays with his toys.

Around the house...the cleaning is about done and now there is only the task of living left to do today.

One of my favorite things...is spending a quiet evening with my husband.

A few plans for the rest of the week...more of the same and a whole lot of the usual.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
A photo that I took on our recent trip out to Washington State to visit Ryan and Adam.  True to form Adam is trying to avoid the camera and not quite succeeding.

No comments: