thanks for the memories

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 16 September 2013


Outside my window...it is chilly and damp.  We got quite a bit of rain in the night and the whole world is washed clean.  

I am thinking...about sorting and packing.  I think it is time to step up the moving preparations.  My mother is no worse but my youngest brother is becoming more and more overwhelmed with the care of his sick wife and his mother.  It was folly to imagine that I could take my own sweet time in this whole affair when my brothers have been so burdened.

I am thankful for...a husband who is loving and giving, a family who bends over backward to do what needs to be done, no matter the cost.

From the kitchen...there are great groaning noises emanating from the pantry, refrigerator, and freezers after the cooking frenzy that I went on over the weekend.  There is enough leftover party fare to take us until Wednesday I think.

I am wearing....fleece pants with the Grinch in them and a pink tee shirt.

I am creating....completion.  

I am going...to be home all day finishing things.  Any trip to the fabric store will have to wait until tomorrow after I get stuff going today and assess the needs of the mending pile that Father sent home this weekend.

I am reading...NOTHING! There is no time for reading.

I am hoping...to get things wrapped up by the end of the week so I can head south and relieve my brother of his duties.

I am hearing...the cool strains of a Spyro Gyra tune coming from the stereo, the washer and dryer doing their Monday morning duties, and MK swatting at the many flies that are still alive after yesterday.

Around the house...MK has things well in hand.  Melissa and Layn are upstairs cleaning up and getting their day going while MK has the downstairs all cleaned up.  I feel a bit unnecessary.

One of my favorite things...saying the rosary around the fire last night with good friends and family.

A few plans for the rest of the week...wrapping up the work that sits on my work table.  Finish sorting in my bedroom and do some packing.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Princess Savannah with her "princess hat" on.

Everyone around here already misses Kaycie's smiles.

Grandpa can't do anything without his right-hand man, Layn, helping out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as you make this journey to spend time with your mother. Donna

Amelia said...

Praying for you Ann. You have lots going on dear one. I so wish you could see Ann Voskamp's dvd 1000 gifts...it reminds me of you in this timeline of life.

The children on all of your blogs are beautiful. I'm just crazy about the grandpa pics because I know my husband will be like that one day with a precious litle one.

God be with you Ann, love, Amelia

Amelia said...

I would also like to add, your husband has made the choice to be a great grandpa, it just doesn't come natural to many. God bless your hubby. He truly knows the good things in Life.