thanks for the memories

Monday, October 28, 2013

I love all of you out there....

you know who you are!

Here is the proof that I can indeed cook for less than an army.  That is enough for Doug, Mom, and myself with leftover for his lunch tomorrow.


I also managed an apple pie (Mom had a load of apples in her refrigerator that needed to be used pronto!)  There are also two loaves of bread in the oven right now.  Doug can eat homemade bread as fast as I can bake it!

One of the perks of Mom's condition...not remembering that she ate only an hour ago so she is usually anxiously awaiting her next meal.  I am totally flattered by her devotion to my cooking.  On the days when she is with us we manage to get three or four good meals into her.  She even raves over the muffins and bread that I leave at her house to eat when we are not there. This is the woman who used to never eat anything that I made!  Chalk this up to the positive side of dementia.

Anyway, the bread is about to come out and I need to do some serious sewing while Mom is napping.

5 comments:

Meghann said...

Awesome!!! I can practically smell the deliciousness!

Amelia said...

So very glad you are doing well Ann. God bless and be with you! : )

Anonymous said...

Ann, you are amazing.

Peggy Wolf said...

Ann, you are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Finding a silver lining. What a blessing. Is that a GF pie crust?