thanks for the memories

Monday, February 3, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook 3 February 2014

 
Outside my window...there is a soft rain falling.  This rain seems like a blessing on the grass seed that Doug planted on Saturday.  We will see if the effort that he has put into sprucing up this place take hold.
 
I am thinking...about building.  It has been emotionally difficult to begin doing anything around here to affect a permanent change because the hand of my father can be seen everywhere.  It has only been since I have come to the conclusion that what we do has got to be considered building onto the foundation of what he began that I am able to begin planning for the next steps. 
 
I am thankful for...the constant hand of God in every day of our lives.  Sometimes I can feel him gently leading us and sometimes I feel him slapping me in the back of my head but I still know that his leading is in love.
 
From the kitchen....something is going to happen I just haven't been inspired yet.  There is laundry and grocery shopping to do first before any meals can be thought of.  First and foremost a bread dough has to be set since Doug informs me that he is about out.
 
I am wearing...cozy jammies.  It isn't cold out but the dampness compels me to snuggle up today.
 
I am going...to get a lot done today. (I'll let you know how that pans out later) I always have big plans on Monday morning until reality sets in. 
 
I am reading...Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskill while I am waiting for the new book I ordered to come.
 
I am hoping...that packages come in the mail soon.  I am waiting on a ruler that I need and some printed interfacing that I finally found and ordered on Saturday.  I got big plans and even bigger projects in the works.
 
I am hearing...the sounds of the red birds outside in the yard calling to each other.  I haven't identified all of the visitors to the feeders yet, some of them being new to my eye, but the red birds and the jays are old familiar friends.
 
Around the house...things are coming together nicely.  Doug has established his little corner of this world and I love to watch him there like the master on his throne.
 
One of my favorite things...listening to the water go over the wheel at the mill that we visited yesterday.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...more of the same and a little of the extraordinary.  Thursday I am going to spend the day with my sister-in-law Sharon.  We will spend the day chatting, sewing and just plain being away from the cares that follow us the rest of the week.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
We visited this mill yesterday and I can already tell that it is going to become a favorite for both Doug and I. 

No comments: