thanks for the memories

Monday, April 14, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 14 April 2014


Outside my window...the clouds have moved in and it is fixin' to rain today.  We have been spoiled by the last four or five days with sunshine and warmth.  My gardens are dry and it is definitely time for a bit of divine watering.

I am thinking...of family members and the supreme hurt that they can inflict.  How it breaks my heart that members of the same family seem unwilling to understand and would rather take the path of judgment and hurt.

I am thankful...that God has blessed me with the man I have and all of the lessons we two have learned along the way.  Time is too short and love is too big to let little bumps separate us.

From the kitchen...there will be bread in the making.  My man has to have his PB&J's and homemade bread is the only way to go for him.  

I am wearing...jammies!  Ariel and I are having a slow, lazy morning today and it seems that my mom is in no hurry to get up and get going.

I am hoping...that the next couple of weeks fly by! I am beginning to count the days until I go to NY and see my family there and then to Washington to see my son married!

I am hearing...the dishwasher cleaning and sterilizing the bucket to mom's commode, the birds outside the window calling to each other, and the TV spouting the weather forecast.

Around the house...it is shaping up into an inside kind of day.  That is quite all right for me.  I have plenty that needs to be done and a lot more that I want to do.

One of my favorite things...learning new things.  I think I would be happy for the rest of my life if I could spend a major part of it studying and learning.

A few plans for the rest of the week...this is Holy Week! My favorite week, season, time of the year.  This week will be spent contemplating the passion of Christ.  Doug and I started it out last night with our own viewing of The Passion of the Christ.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Doug provided me with a wonderfully interesting and relaxing weekend.  Yesterday afternoon we went to Clemson and walked among the plantings in the Botanical Garden and learned a little SC history in the Geology Museum.

No comments: