thanks for the memories

Thursday, April 24, 2014

The start of my one thousand thanks.

 Sitting at the sewing machine today with the songs from my teen years playing in the background and the smell of baking bread sets the scene for many reasons to be thankful.  There are so many memories attached to the music and the scents that fill me today.
 Thankfulness for the time, talent, and resources to express myself through my art.  The incredible blessing that is the man I married who not only encourages me but genuinely appreciates what I do.
 MK, I know you will understand my thanks for the ability to do things the way that only I can do them.  With the nice weather and grandma spending so much time outdoors, I am able to spread out, throw fabric around, and make a complete mess while I create.

Drawers left open, piles of books and quilt blocks, and furniture draped in the colors that I am considering today are other reasons that I am thankful.
Only someone totally immersed in what they are doing could function in such utter chaos.

No comments: