thanks for the memories

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 27 May 2014

Outside my window...the sun is rising.  It looks like it is going to be another hot and muggy one today.  

I am thinking...that vacation time is over and it is high time this grandma got down to the business of being productive.

I am thankful for...sons who provide the means for wonderful vacation time, sons and daughters-in-law who come to visit on holiday weekends, and husbands who give, and give and keep on giving.

From the kitchen...I scarcely know what to do.  I may have forgotten how to cook after all this time away!

I am hoping...to get mom's dr.'s appointment out of the way quickly so that we can get some shopping done in Greenville this afternoon.

I am hearing...the mourning doves cooing in the trees, today's batch of airplanes taking off from the airport across the way from here, and the neighbors in the house behind us beginning their Tuesday as well.

One of my favorite things...simple things.  The time we spent with Jason and Kim at the airport looking at the planes, in Greenville walking in the park, browsing in our favorite stores, and drinking coffee together chatting on a warm afternoon.  Those are the kinds of times I like.

A few plans for the rest of the week...it is time to get back to being wife, grandmother, mother, caretaker, etc.  Time to keep my house clean, cook meals, do laundry and sew.  Vacation time is over for this old woman.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...


Probably my favorite memory of my husband from our trip back home.  I can still hear the chatter of little voices calling out, "Papa, papa!"

No comments: