thanks for the memories

Monday, July 28, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 28 July 2014


Outside my window...it is really hazy! The weather people are calling for hot and muggy today with thunderstorms all day.  I am happy to take that since they are also calling for drastically cooler temperatures for the rest of the week.

I am thinking...about rocking chairs and holding babies!

I am thankful...for fresh vegetables, farmer's markets, and a husband who is willing to take to there!

From the kitchen...there will be BLT's for supper.  It is too warm to make much else.  Thank you Jesus for a man who is as easy going as my man.

I am reading...Praying the Rosary for Inner Healing by Fr. Dwight Longenecker

I am hearing...the AC trying to keep the house cool, the ice maker in the refrigerator dumping out its next load, and an airplane taking off from the airport nearby.

One of my favorite things...learning something new.  

A few plans for the rest of the week...work, lots of work! Later when Doug gets home I plan on going to Anderson to pick up my sewing machine!!!!!  I have orders to fill, gardens to tend (if it really gets cooler), a mother to care for, and a husband to love.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
These guys were sitting here enjoying their book in the garden of a historic home that we visited yesterday.  I love coming around the corner and finding surprises like this.

No comments: