thanks for the memories

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook 21 July 2014


Outside my window...it is dark and raining is falling with a vengeance.  I have come to the conclusion that, weather-wise, the South does nothing by halves.  If it is going to be hot then it is hot! and humid.  If it is going to rain it won't be just a light sprinkle.  Kind of like New York in the winter.  Why just have snow flurries when it is more fun to pile it up by the foot.

I am thinking...about the relationship between environment and upbringing.

I am thankful for...a loving and patient man who can forgive me even when I cannot forgive myself.

From the kitchen...there will be no cooking today.  It is Monday and there is leftover lasagna.  Between cleaning and laundry there will be no time for any cooking.

I am reading...the last few pages of C S Lewis' A Grief Observed.  I get so much from that book every time I read it.

I am hearing...the rain falling on the roof, Doug snoring softly in his chair, and the slick, wet sound of the trucks going by on the highway.

One of my favorite things...wide open spaces both indoors and out.

A few plans for the rest of the week...no plans. I have ceased to make plans since there is nothing that I can plan on.  I will be here all day, every day.  

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
I saw this old plantation house yesterday.  This is to me the epitome of gracious living and entertaining.  I am totally enamoured with the porches and balconies.

No comments: