thanks for the memories

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Glimpses into a life, 19 September 2014

Outside my window...it is dark. It is the middle of the night, at least here on the East Coast it is. I think my body or my mind is having some difficulty adjusting to the time change. After 9 days out in Tacoma it just may take me that long to adjust back. In the meantime it is cooler here in the south than it was when we left it, which is good, and there is the barest hint of fall in the air.

I am thankful...for oh so many things. Thankful for the people that we met, got closer to, and were made happy by during our stay in WA.  Our family is growing and swelling with people that only make it happier and better.

I am thinking...about gifts and all of the different ways that a person can be gifted and can give to others.

From the kitchen...I am going to attempt my daughter-in-law, Kathleen's Swiss Mac and Cheese. That paired with a salad should make for a supper worth putting on the table.

I am reading...One Thousand Gifts. All of the time spent with family in the past couple of weeks and the time spent away from family has prompted me to continue to count my gifts.  Living a life that has been emptied and filled with thanks is becoming more and more my daily goal.

I am hearing...the night bugs outside singing their late summer lament.  The house and its occupants are all quiet for the time being and I am filled with the silence of beginning. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...well, since there is really little or no "rest of the week" to plan for I think I will just wing it.

One of my favorite things...pleasant surprises and grace that waits just around the corner.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

My son, Adam and his new wife Maryanne.  There is little that is so gratifying than seeing your child so very happy.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

That is a breathtaking photo Ann. You and your husband sure have some good looking kids, just so handsome! The brides are lovely as well. : )

So happy to hear you doing so well, there really is something to the quiet times and thanksgiving to our Father above.

I've been thinking of you. : ) Love to you and a hug. Amelia