thanks for the memories

Monday, September 29, 2014

Hints, tidbits and a little look inside

Outside my window...it is still dark. Lately the mornings have been blessedly cool while the days warm up to the 70's. If the sights and smells were right I could almost close my eyes and imagine that I was back home.  Unfortunately when I take a sniff the scent of turning maples and poplars is sadly missing.

I am thinking...about schedules and places that I need to be today.  It is not often that I go out during the day since I haven't a car regularly but today is full of appointments and errands and my brother has graciously loaned me his vehicle so I must needs make the most of it.

I am thankful for...my sister Sharon and her listening ear, sympathetic heart, and affectionate hugs.

From the kitchen...the cooking will have to commence since there is nothing leftover from the weekend.  Perhaps some southwestern chicken stew and fresh biscuits is in order.

I am reading...Under the Banner of Heaven.  It is a story of religious zeal taken to the extreme. It certainly makes one think about faith and the authenticity of it.

I am hearing...crickets and the other night bugs murmuring their early morning greetings to each other.  The sound rises and falls as if there is some urgency to what is being said.  The neighbors behind us are up and about as the sound of their sliding glass door heralds the smokers out for their first cigarette of the day.  Next door another neighbor's dog gives a few morning barks as if to say "Don't forget I am here to sound the alarm if need be."

A few plans for the rest of the week...I need to get through today and all its concerns before the rest of the week can be contemplated.  There is always the usual, the routine, and the ordinary to keep me busy punctuated by the urgent, the unexpected and the novel that fills in the extra time.

One of my favorite things...learning something new.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you... (actually lots of pictures)


Two of my beloveds dressed in their best. That old man only gets better with age.


My daughter, Kim and Savannah. These bits of time that I capture with my camera are just snippets of the love that is celebrated when we are all together.


A rare picture of Jason sitting still and actually posing for the camera.


I don't know which of these two shots I like better, my guys being goofy or my guys being goofy.



Uncle and Niece reunion.  This touches even my not so tender heart.




The smiles of these ladies, just a moment captured for always. 

No comments: