thanks for the memories

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

They say home is where the heart is


If I had a heart here is where it would dwell. Though it is said that our hearts are restless until they rest in the Lord, my heart if I had one, would only be able to contemplate that truth when it was resting here.  
I used to yearn to travel, to see the wonders of God's creation, to spread my wings and fly now I know that I wasn't meant for that kind of life.  My soul is an oak tree with deep roots, made of hard wood, meant to dwell where I was planted until the day that the wood cutter's ax comes to harvest me.
This place, ordinary in the best of ways, contains my memories, hopes, wishes and dreams. The people who dwell here and those who have come before are the arrows that point me in the direction of my ultimate home, heaven.

The leaves changing in the fall, the snow that blankets the land, and the earth that brings forth God's bounty in the summer are the balm and dressing for the hurts of my heart (if I had one) and my soul. It is here, in this place, where I can do the most good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this...Donna