thanks for the memories

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A New day book

Outside my window...it is cloudy, chilly, and a generally gloomy day, but all I need to do is open the door and look out to my sanctuary and the sun in my heart starts to shine.  My sister once embroidered a saying that hold true today as well as days past, "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want but the realization of what you have."

I am thinking....about blessings.  I'm thinking about this little boy who brought a new phase to my life. This little blessing that opened my shut-up heart and showed me that love is possible anywhere and everywhere.  


I am thankful...for the small things.  Sometimes one's faith needs a kick start. Sometimes life moves along and clouds the small things.  Lately those are the things I count. They are what fill my thoughts and heart.  Little things that fill the moments between the big things; hugs from my grandbabies, conversations with my daughters, quiet looks between myself and my love.

I am reading..."One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.  This is actually about my fifth re-reading of this book.  Each time I go though it I find more and more truths to store away in my soul.  

From the kitchen....I have 4 dozen eggs hard boiled, a plan for supper, and the cool weather necessary to accomplish it.  I also noted that Papa is nearly out of bread! How provident that today is cool and a good one for baking.


Creatively speaking...I am finishing an apron for my granddaughter, Evie, two quilts, a couple of little dresses and a whole pile of mending!!!!  If I never created another thing there would always be sewing to do in the form of jeans to patch and little girls play clothes to put back together.

A few plans for the rest of the week...here it is Wednesday and the week hasn't gone as planned yet!  Tomorrow I have to meet Layn at Barnes and Noble to help him pick out some books then there is this dinner tomorrow night that I must attend. There are lawns to mow and gardens to rid of weeds along with grandkids to love, conversations to be had I will not lack for things to do.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....

The wind yesterday sort of upset my begonias but St. Joseph and the Blessed Mother stand sentinel on the back porch and all is right in my little corner of this planet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. You always touch my heart -- ugotafriend