thanks for the memories

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Another New Day 6 July 2016

Outside my window...the sun is shining fiercely as if it needs to work hard to get all its heat to earth.  The weather men are predicting a hot and muggy day ending in God's own fireworks display.  (I'm hoping if I describe thunderstorms poetically I might like them better.)  Inside my house it is cool and comfortable.  There is light jazz playing on the stereo and my workroom has been hit by a fabric tornado.  Since being outside will be uncomfortable I thought today is a good day to spend working on some ideas that I have been hatching.

I am thinking...about the effect that color has on the psyche.  I am personally a green person.  The sight of all things green make me feel peaceful and cool inside. Wearing green makes me feel confident.  The more green I wear in a day is usually indicative of how un-confident I feel when I get dressed.

I am thankful...for these little people in my life.  My daughters, Kathleen and Maryanne, and the most thoughtful and generous mothers.  In spite of their busy schedules they never fail to take time out to share Evie and Edmund's antics.  

This little boy is the very image of his daddy.  Looking at him always takes me back to those young days.

I am reading...not a thing right now.  I find that the heat makes it difficult for me to sit still and read so books have been shelved for a little while.

From the kitchen...Papa requested egg salad sandwiches with fresh lettuce and tomatoes for supper.  Pretty easy since I hard cooked three dozen eggs over the weekend.  

Creatively speaking...I am hatching ideas and covering my world in fabric.  I derive my inspiration from color, textures, and shapes that surround me.  When I am working out ideas I tend to drape, spill, and pile fabrics and patterns all over my work area.  I have been making bags lately and experimenting with different combinations of stabilizers.  This morning I discovered that my local WalMart is now stocking fusible fleece and flex foam!!!!!  It is a 45 minute drive either east or west to go to my local fabric store.  Though I do order notions and other supplies online I like to touch yard goods before I buy.  Maybe if I keep shopping in the WalMart fabric department they will continue to expand?

One final shot from Annie's birthday train trip.  It is next to impossible to get my son to sit for a picture.  (Notice the sunglasses!)

Saturday evening grandma roasted some marshmallows for this sticky little boy.  It cracks me up to see him try to get all the sugar off his face and fingers.


 This past Mother's Day my kids gifted me with a porch swing.  Since our house is a rental he decided not to hang it on the porch, making an A-frame for it instead.





Not that I have a lot of time for sitting and swinging but it is a pleasure to sit there of an evening saying my rosary and counting my blessings.










After all the building and gardening and mowing was done

Monday night Papa relaxed the best way possible.


A few plans for the rest of the week...there isn't a lot of week left but I will manage to keep busy somehow.  There is always laundry, floors to clean, and meals to fix.  Being unemployed isn't an excuse for sitting around.








Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...Kaycie and Annie like to ride their trikes around on the patio pretending they are stopping in the Dunkin Donuts drive though to order coffee.  I think Kim and I might just indulge that taste a bit too much since both of the girls know just how to order for both of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks -- ugotafriend