thanks for the memories

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Marrying the past and the present.

When I was a kid I can remember many sermons our beloved priest preached about family and the importance of things done together, especially family meals. When the kids were growing up my husband and I struggled to have a family meal together every day, it usually turned out to be lunch.  But on Sunday there was no question about Sunday dinner.  Whether we packed a picnic lunch and went on a hike or were at home on the farm, that was the day when we would all be together for our big meal.

Last Sunday this table, which is the one that my siblings and I gathered around every Sunday, enjoyed a family gathering once again.  The weather has turned cold and the deck furniture has been put away for the season.  Now is the time for us to come indoors, gather around the table for meals, and games afterward.  Oh the memories this board must hold in all its fibers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that table