thanks for the memories

Monday, November 30, 2020

Monday Observations


 What I am hearing
:  Outside I can hear the subtle sounds of our little city rising to face another day. The neighbor kitty corner across the street has started his car to warm it up before leaving for work. I can hear the next door neighbor's dog woofing and sniffing around the yard and way off toward the north I can hear a train going by. 

Outside my window:  it is still dark.  The temperature rose in the night into the low 40's. I am hoping that today we will get some more sunshine.  This fall has been deceptively mild for Central New York . Sure we had two snowfalls but really I can remember years when the kids went trick or treating in snowsuits and winter boots.  

What I am wearing: since, technically it is the wee hours yet I am in my nice cozy pajamas. However the uniform of the day will be jeans and a tee shirt since it is Monday which means laundry and housework will be the order of the day.  Preparing to move seems to have kickstarted me from the malaise and lethargy that I was in back to full on getting up and taking care of business mode. I can't be having MK do all the packing and sorting now can I?

What I am thinking: I have been thinking a lot about changes.  MK and I will be moving out of state shortly and though there is a lot I will miss about the place of my birth there is an equal quantity of adventurous feeling about the move.  

What I am learning: that having too much stuff is okay for the everyday but not when you are packing and sorting to make a move.  However I am blessed to have my daughter in my life. She sees this kind of task as an adventure in itself and approaches is with efficiency and determination.  On Saturday she managed to get the garage cleaned out and sorted, the attic sorted, and made a huge dent in the basement.  To my mind those are the three worst areas in any home.  Of course my bedroom and its contents are my responsibility and I haven't even faced the need to begin there in my mind. 

What I am hoping: that I will wake up one of these mornings to find that all our possessions have been sorted, packed, and moved while I was sleeping.  Short of that I am hoping that I manage to make a profitable Advent in the midst of all this chaos.

What I am working on: There are three shirts from our Priest that have to be topstitched and returned before something happens to them in the madness.  The kids school books, lesson plans, and other paraphernalia has to be gathered up and taken over to the farm so that Melissa and Ian can take over their schooling. 

What I am planning: Lately I really don't do much planning.  That being said the plan is to get through today the best I can and then see what tomorrow brings.

Some picture thoughts for the day:

While I will certainly miss the antics of this crew I am becoming increasingly convinced that God is meaning for me to move on from here to another place of exploration.


The antics of this crew seems to be in my future and I plan on embracing the time to come, however much of that I may have. 




3 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh my goodness Ann, you're moving! I'm missing your blog posts because I don't think I'm receiving notifications but I did see just now when I checked, your blog pop up on my old google reading list, so I better start checking that.

It looks like you have a wonderful packing buddy in MK, that is very nice. Oh moving...It's wearing. Looks like you will be with some little darlings in your new place? Do you mind if I ask where you are moving to?


Praying for you, Love, Amelia

auntie said...

Dear Amelia, MK and I are moving to Eastern Tennessee. New York is getting to be too restrictive. I want to get out before they shut our churches again.

Amelia said...

That sounds like a good move Ann in more ways then one! I'll be praying. You're a smart gal.

Love, Amelia