thanks for the memories

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Next time I move...

This move will be number 7 in seven years. I thought when we moved into this house it would be where they would take me out feet first. Boy was I wrong! So what I am saying now is, next time I move I am hiring it all done for me.
Gradually shelves, drawers, closets, and cupboards are being open, sorted, and emptied. Thank God for MK and Melissa!!!!! They are attacking this place room by room wrapping and boxing items as they come along.  

Every room looks like a storeroom. MK’s bed is hard to see underneath all the stuff she has yet to pack.

Every corner is filled with stacks of boxes.

I cannot even get around in my room. But as the accumulation is tamed and the boxes slowly get relocated to our storage unit the physical and emotional reaction to all this clutter is calming down and becoming manageable.


The sewing room is my nemesis but soon I’ll have to buckle down and attack it.

There is nothing more lonely than empty book shelves.  I have always felt that it is books that make a place more homely rather than otherwise.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are making great progress! I am so glad you have such great help.

Amelia said...

I know how it is, it's a crazy feeling, but it will get done. Books are our friends, right? Make sure you're keeping a notebook writing down where the stuff is you need to get your hands on in the next year, maybe to a numbered box etc. I hope you will be sewing at your new place. : )