thanks for the memories

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A new leaf

There is an old saying that goes like this, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." I have recently been informed by my daughter the psychology major that it is just not true. Not only can you teach an old dog new tricks, I too can be taught. I am not sure that I believe her 100% but I am willing to endeavor to learn a new trick just to prove that phrase untrue.
I am now turning over a new leaf and on the path of learning new tricks. I have reached the conclusion that no one wants to learn from my mistakes or be prevented from making similar ones, so this blog is going to take a new turn. I guess that my new attitude and new direction make the title of this blog more than apropos. So here goes and only time will tell whether the new leaf was truly new and that tricks which weren't part of the repertoire have now been acquired.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh yay! I am so looking forward to reading dear one!

I know how you feel, I turned 50 on my last birthday and sometimes I'll be feeling low and I add to my lament to my daughters..."And I'm 50 years old now" ...I don't think they get that and all that comes with that but they will one day. Oh yes, they will. ; ) But so true, so true, we are very young in almost all ways except maybe a few little aches here and there and there are so many things from my younger years I wouldn't want to re-live. : )

I too think we can learn lots and lots of new tricks and go back to some old enjoyable ones too! Yes indeedie! Looking forward to reading what's going on in your life.

A big hug! Love, Amelia

Franann said...

Ann, So nice seeing you and Doug yesterday. Am excited about the garden.
I tried to a post comment several times .... hope this one works!!!!
With patience (a virtue I seldom use) I got the computer working again this morning. fmcc