thanks for the memories

Monday, February 20, 2012

I just love a man in an apron!

Meals at our house are very often a cooperative effort.  Partially because of necessity, everyone is either coming and going from work or, in my case, busy with school and taking care of babies.  But I also like to think it is mainly because being together in the kitchen is just a lot of fun.
After Mass on Sunday my husband and I picked up a stray, (we have a tendancy to do that sometimes). Actually Joe is a friend of Matthew's from church.  Anyway, we picked him up and stuffed him in our car and brought him into the madness that we call home.  The reason for all this

 is to enlist another slave in the meal preparation process that goes on just about every Sunday afternoon.  Yesterday's menu: roast stuffed chicken, beef roulade, oven browned potatoes, steamed broccoli and steamed asparagus.  We finished the meal off with a delicious chocolate cake.
I don't know if Joe will ever succomb to the torture of having to prepare and eat such a meal again. But you never know since it bought him a day away from his five sisters, he just may consider it a fair trade.


No comments: