thanks for the memories

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 20 February 2012

Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly.  I can see Ian's beefers standing on the hill across the road eating away at the roundbale that Matthew and his friend Joe brought over last night.  There is a rightness about watching the steers placidly standing in the sunlight enjoying their breakfast.  The sight of them is almost like a benediction on the day.
I am thinking...about human relationships. Sounds high fallutin' doesn't it.  Actually I am thinking about the struggle that goes on inside of me between what is right and good and my hermit-like tendancies.
I am thankful for...the house finches that have already begun to build their nest in the rafters outside my window.  Perhaps their presence is a sign of an early spring.
From the kitchen...there is much in the way of leftovers to tide us over until the busyness of Monday yields to the relative peace of Tuesday.
I am wearing....jammies still.  I kind of stayed up too late last night finishing an assignment so hubby lovingly let me sleep in this morning.
I am creating...works that are lovely to look at and a joy to behold.  I have always liked that line. I haven't a clue where it came from but it has stuck in my head and made a home there.
I am going....nowhere fast! Actually I no longer do things fast I am getting too old for such folderoll.  I am staying home today.  I have given Matthew the nod to take the car to work and leave me wheeless.
I am reading...Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol for a school assignment.  It is an easy as pie read since it is my favorite story and I read it every Christmas.
I am hoping...to get the bulk of my work done by Ash Wednesday so that I can attempt some possible creative work for the rest of the week.  We will see how that goes.
I am hearing...MK, Layn and Melissa upstairs.  By the sound of things Layn has the brush and dustpan and is sweeping the floors.  I hear Matthew in the living room moving some electronic equipment and the fan on the furnace making sure that we are all nice and warm and cozy.
Around the house...all is in chaos. Now that grandma is back in school the general picking up and tidying doesn't always get done so things tend to pile up.  That is okay I find though.  It means that this is home and everyone is comfortable living here.
One of my favorite things....my whole family in the kitchen together.
A few plans for the rest of the week....work diligently at my assignments, prepare for a fruitful Lent, and attempt to engage in some form of creativity.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

There is something endearing about a little boy engrossed in the exploration of his favorite truck.

No comments: