thanks for the memories

Friday, March 30, 2012

The girl may be getting her groove back

My creativity has been a bit gone lately.  Part of growing up I guess.  Anyway I was reading some of my favorite blogs awhile back and came across a contest.  Use a certain pattern, enter a picture of your creation and you could win a prize.
My first thought was, as usual, negative.  No way anyone is going to look at anything that I make and think it worthy of a prize.  Then I shoed the bad thoughts away, (that's what I have been working on this Lent) and ordered the pattern.  When it came I searched through my stash of fabrics and trims and did what any creative person would do, I let everything sit on my table for about two weeks just kind of stewing.
This is what I came up with.  Did I mention that the due date for entries is March 31? or that I started sewing on Thursday of this week? Nothing like a little pressure to get the creative juices flowing.  When I got the whole thing done I realized that I had one issue that I couldn't so easily solve, Layn is a boy!  I needed a model.  So I searched through my mind and this cutie came immediately to my thoughts.  She's the daughter of a dear friend and she is stunning in this little dress.  I knew when she got it on that it was made for her and no one else. 
Now my fingers are crossed time will tell.

3 comments:

Donna said...

The dress is perfect and is perfect for the model. You did well.

Amelia said...

Oh my goodness, that is a pretty dress. That dress was not easy, the borders, the scalloped trim etc. The longer I look at it the more trims and details I see! Beautiful job!

A beautiful child as well, perfect little model for the dress.

Beautiful from every angle friend. : )

Ryan said...

I'd vote for you.