thanks for the memories

Monday, March 12, 2012

The snow geese are back

This weekend the fields were white with them. It was only going to be a matter of time before a knock came on the door.  "Do you mind if we hunt the geese in your field?"  My husband gave permission and laid down the ground rules and the man thanked him.   Though this is a poor shot (taken from the deck of our pool) the ground was literally white as if we had had a heavy snowfall in some places.

Happily when the men came with their guns the geese had flown and the fields had turned their usual spring brown.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy a well cooked meal of goose and have spent my fair share of time hunting.  But when the ground is white with these beauties....

my heart stops and my breath is caught in my throat at the sight and sound of them.  Not on my land please.  Let them take refuge here.

No comments: