thanks for the memories

Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 11 March 2012

Outside my window....the sun is setting on a lovely day.  The temperature was in the mid-60's today with bright sunshine. 
I am thinking....about family and how quickly children grow up.  Though it is cliche it does seem like only yesterday that mine were young.  Now I sit here listening to the sounds of my grandchildren playing together.
I am thankful for....the man that I call husband and friend.
From the kitchen....my family just enjoyed steak, mashed potatoes, and corn that came from our garden last summer.  What a blessing to sit down to a meal that was totally produced by the labor of your family.
I am wearing...jeans and a hoodie.  Now that the sun is setting the temps are going down too.
I am going...to bed early tonight.  I have a dentist appointment early tomorrow so I need to get plenty of sleep.
I am reading...nothing in particular right now.  I have so much reading to do each week for school that I daren't start anything for pleasure.
I am hoping...I have plenty of courage to make it through my dental appointment tomorrow.
I am hearing....Ian and Layn making truck sounds in the living room, Doug in the basement putting wood in the furnace, and Savannah chattering to herself.
Around the house....everything is in its usual weekend state of chaos. 
One of my favorite things...the simultaneous quiet and chaos of having the kids here and the babies playing and yet being able to sit back and enjoy them all.
A few plans for the rest of the week....school, survive the dentist, family, and being ready for anything that comes along.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

This is one happy little girl.  What a pleasant afternoon she and I spent together on Friday.

No comments: