thanks for the memories

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dinner and a show!

Layn has been nursing an early spring cold.  So last night when I came back from Holy Hour I picked up a fish dinner at the local grocery.  Layn loves to dip french fries in katsup and salad dressing.  He's not a big fan of fries themselves but they make great tools for getting the dip to his mouth. 
When I got home Ian was out mowing the lawn for the first time of the season and I couldn't help but think that I had the perfect distraction for a little boy with a poor appetite and a head cold.  I set him up in his chair with fries, katsup and blue cheese dressing for dipping.  Then I put him in front of the window in the dining room and he was happy as a clam. 
Everytime his daddy drove by he would smile and wave at Layn.  Layn laughed, dipped fries and had a grand time watching the show.  Of course today I have to wash the katsup off the curtains but that is a small price for making a little boy happy.


Cheap entertainment.  Fish dinner $4.99 (complete with packets of katsup!)
Little dollop of salad dressing  negligible
Price of gas to mow the lawn  let's not even figure that in since it needed to be done anyway.
Smiles on a little boy's face and on his daddy's= priceless
Memories made for everyone else= extra added bonus!

2 comments:

Peggy Wolf said...

This is so wonderful. It brings me tears of joy. Thank you for loving and caring for this beautiful child.

Ryan said...

I think you make a great grandma.

Not a great-grandma, you understand. A great (space) grandma.

A grandma of excellence, if you will.