thanks for the memories

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 9 April 2012

Outside my window....it is overcast and gloomy.  The wind is still blowing though not as fiercely as it did last night.  Ian would say that's a good thing, that it is drying the newly plowed ground out and making it easier to disc and plant.  I look at it as a good day to stay inside and clean the house and get some laundry done.  There has to be a silver lining to every cloud, all you have to do is look for it.
I am thinking...about division of labor.  I don't like that term and think it should be stricken from the language.  Too many people are too concerned with how much work they have done compared with how much others have done.  The concern should not be how much have I done compared to others but how much have I done compared to how much I should do.
From the kitchen....many leftovers from yesterday's sumptuous Easter repast.
I am wearing...sleeping atire.
I am creating...poetry. It just seems to flow from my mind and heart lately.  All that bottled up inspiration is finally coming forth.
I am reading....Forks over Knives.  It is an interesting read and worth cogitating over.
I am hoping....to spend some of this day in a little tactile creation.  My fingers are itching feel fabric running through them.
I am hearing....Jason Mraz on Pandora, the dog going up and down the stairs trying to find a place that is both comfortable and free from Layn's interferance, and the usual appliance noises for a Monday morning.
Around the house...a great bit of normal is going on.  MK is on her laptop checking her assignments for the week, Melissa has the day off so she is playing with Layn, Savannah is here and playing with her toys, and Matthew is sitting in the rocking chair doing his usual Matthew things.  I have learned to like Monday mornings around here.
One of my favorite things...the fact that each of my children is able to attend to their responsibilities without direction.  I love to watch them get themselves going in the morning. 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

My heart did a few extra beats and a lot of extra swelling with love and pride over the weekend.  To see my oldest son continue to consult his father for advice about when and how to plow, plant, and generally run this farm.  That is not only love for his dad but a great deal of respect as well.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Here here for a "great bit of normal"... I appreciate these more and more the older I get. :0) And, your thoughts on "division of labor": AMEN! I wish I could get the kids to understand this!

Blessings and happy Easter to you guys!