thanks for the memories

Monday, June 18, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 18 June 2012

Outside my window...the sun is shining but Ian says there is no dew on the grass and in farmer language that is a bad thing.  So he took the day off from work to rake and bale the hay that he has down. 
I am thinking...about contentment and what the true meaning of the word is. 
I am thankful for....that day spent yesterday enjoying my family and watching my children bless their father.
From the kitchen...there had better be a heap of cooking going on today.  Saturday evening we resorted to take-out pizza 'cause it was late when the guys got done. Yesterday I took Doug out and everyone else ate the leftovers.  That was a serious bit of poor planning.
I am wearing....boxers and an over-size tee shirt
I am creating....atmosphere, baby. Atmosphere!!!!
I am going...nowhere today.  I am going to try to stay home and con my minions to run the one errand that needs to be run today.  I am out of almond milk and desperately need some more!!!!
I am reading....Gratefulness, the Heart of Prayer.  A really terrific read, something that has to be savored all along the way.
I am hoping...to do a little sewing today.  I have a commission to start and it looks like a day for that.
I am hearing...the pump on the fish tank, birds outside gorging themselves at the feeders, Layn smacking his lips over his raisin bread toast, and the distant sound of another farmer's tractor working ground.
Around the house...I could say that the place is a disaster area but who cares? It really looks lived in.  When I walk in the door the place wraps itself around me like a favorite blanket.  That's what home is about.
One of my favorite things...listening to baby talk.  I got an ear full yesterday between Layn and Savannah.
A few plans for the rest of the week....school, mass, mow the lawns, laundry, more school, sewing, living and otherwise being me.  Sounds like a capitol idea!!!
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Papa lovin' on his little Savannah yesterday.  I think he enjoyed his day.  Calls from his sons far away, cuddle time with his two grandbabies, the contentment of knowing that his children had included him in the masses that were said that day at church, and a family that loves and respects him.  What a blessing to have such a father for my children.

No comments: